Saturday, December 29, 2007

I Can Hear You

'ello my pretties!

I know, I know . . . . you aren't crushing on me anymore. In fact, I've probably lost more of all ya'll than I can afford to lose in my 7 strong readership. It's not that I've lost the love for you. Or even for blogging. Really. I just went away without saying goodbye. I had good intentions, I really did. It just didn't happen. Like this year's Christmas card for the husband and me. He still petitioning for a "New Year's Card" and my friends to the south a "Valentine's Card", but I'm not sure if I have it in me right now.

Ask me in about 10-days when I've recovered from traveling, guesting guests and being a guest.

So, what did happened to Amazonian Diva these past 12 days?
  1. She got lost in wrapping paper and ribbons.
  2. She went to the great white north to holiday with parental units & other family.
  3. She threw a fab surprise 40th anniversary party with the little sib for thy parents.
  4. She was frozen in 20-degree & under weather.
  5. She is illin' from being in the frozen tundra in the great white north or being stuck in a flying germ bubble. (Take your pick. It doesn't matter. She's sick.)
  6. She's seen the husband all of 4 days in these last 12. ***sigh***
  7. She finally arrived home only to pay bills & bathe 2 of thy 4 dogs.
  8. . . . . and. . . . . also to finish as well as start some more painting o' the home.
  9. Cleaning.
  10. All of the above.

Still tired? Yep. Still here? Yep. Glad to be back in our Longhorn City? Yep. Happy? Extremely. So, I'll be in touch. I'm just not sure as to how often. My parents are coming at the end of the week for a quick long weekend. We have places to see, be and go. One of which includes a show of this guy.

Finally, as it seems I have been since the week before Thanksgiving. . . I'm still just a wee bit busy.



7 comments:

Jay said...

I'm glad you posted and are still around. I was getting worried.

Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year!

Allison Horner said...

Glad you're back! I figured you probably went way up North. ;)

Missed you!!!

Hope you had a nice Christmas.

xxxooo

Allison Horner said...

OH! And FEEL BETTER!

R.E.H. said...

Welcome back home to Bloggerville ;)

Nice to see you again. Hope Christmas was great and that you have a Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that people are posting at all right now. I'm still trying to recover as well. I can read (since I do my reading on my lunch hour at work) but I cannot blog right now! But, I'll be here whenever you have a chance to return!

Em

ETK said...

I was beginning to worry about you. Glad you're back and get well soon! Hey - I'm reading Cholera too....we'll have to have an online book club when we're both done. :)

Jen said...

Jay: Thanks! You are so very sweet! And ditto on the Xmas and New Year's cheers!

Alli: missed you too. In fact, I've missed you for almost 4 years now. . . & thank you too! Back at ya!

r.e.h.: I've caught up on your blog too. Just tired. Will comment later! Happy holiday wishes back to you as well!

Em: Ino! Crazy time in life, eh? I need to get back to your blog, but if you're not writing, then I don't feel as bad as I did. . . I'll check in a day or two.

etk: I've read 2 other books since starting to read Cholera. . . I highly, highly recommend "Water for Elephants" if you and your book club haven't done so just yet1 It's fantastic! though the ending was weeeee-ak (to me it was). The rest of it was absolutely delicious! I still am having trouble with Cholera. It's super duper boring to me and I keep thinking, "it'll get better, it'll get better. . . " but I'm already 1/2 way through. it's been painful. How about you?

The other book I read, "90-Minutes in Heaven" was one that I didn't finish. It's a super easy read, but I'm not sure I can swallow what he is saying/preaching. Good for him for believing, but being from a medical life of things - I think he may have been severely hallucinating. Don't think I'll finish the book.

Anyway,

to everyone: thank you! I have the best readers! Back at ya'll! ! !