Monday, August 20, 2007

Where Do People Look When They Eat Alone

So, the husband and I just made it back to our Longhorn City from the Great White North. We no longer have the 4-year-old with us. I am sad. Really sad. I walked into the room the husband was in from having put my suitcase in our bedroom, of which where it will most likely stay unpacked for 2 weeks:

the husband: what's wrong?
moi: I just. . . . I just . . . . miss her. ***don't cry, don't cry, don't cry***
the husband: I do too. ***great sadness***
moi: [blink, blink, blink, blink] ***eyeball leakage***
the husband: don't cry!Don't cry, honey!Don't cry. . . .
moi: I know. I really miss her though. ***deflated***
the husband: ***big bear hug*** don't cry, it'll be okay, hon.

I hope she knows that her Mintie, "mucho, mucho loves her."

6 comments:

mindy said...

Awwwwwww!!!

Jay said...

Okay that's a cute picture. You know why? Cause she's a sleep and not screaming and jumping all over the car. LOL

I'm confused a bit here. I know, not hard to do ... anyway .. is the four year old YOURS? Or somebody else's?

Yeah, I could probably look it up and find out, but that's not as much fun as just asking and looking like a MO-ron. ;-)

Ian said...

Yeah. Awwwww!

Jen said...

To clarify, the 4-year-old belongs to my older brother and his ex-wife. She is only mine as much as is carried in blood relatives. I wish she were mine, but no, she didn't make me want to have (or not to have) children of my own - even though I would gladly take her in a single heartbeat.

She is a good kid.

Princess of the Universe said...

That's so sweet.

I'm always scared to take my nieces and/or nephews for fear that I will be cranky with them by the end of the trip.

I am 99% convinced I don't want kids - I'm concerned that spending a few weeks with my little ones will send me over the edge...I'm not quite willing to give up that remaining 1% yet...

Alli said...

Yep, she's a cutie-patootie.

Can't wait to hear how "the first day" went!